Thursday, February 16, 2012

Baseball Birthday Card Book

I volunteered to be Room Mom for Ri's class this year because it is his last year before Middle School...sniff, sniff.  Anywho, Riley has a male teacher this year that is just amazing.  Every single kid wanted him this year...Riley got lucky and got him.  But, what do you give a guy for his birthday right after the holidays?  If you have ever been a Room Parent, you know how hard it is to get money out of people :)  So RILEY, came up with this idea...that's my boy!


It is a Baseball Birthday Card Book from the students, that's a mouthful.  This came out so much cuter than I could have ever imagined.


I cut the glove from Sports Mania at 8 1/2" in brown, I cut a blackout in brown and a blackout in ivory.  I took my brown ink pad and marked up the ivory to make it look like it was dirty.  The chipboard...it is actually a Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal box that I also cut in multi cut blackout :)  I made the back cover the same way, with chipboard.


The baseball is cut from Sports Mania at 4 1/2" in white and then a blackout in red.
This is what I sent to all the students and asked them to write Mr. T a birthday message on one side only.


The W was cut from Plantin Schoolbook.  I do not have Varsity Letters from Walmart...but I really need it.  The Wolverine was hand cut.  I did it the same way I cut out the Patriots Logo for my Super Bowl banner.


I did not take pictures of each page, but there was one ball per side so it looked like the mitt was holding the ball.  This was the last 2 pages.  The pocket on the left was for any extra baseballs that did not get returned to me on time.  The pocket on the right, I put a gift card in for his favorite restaurant.

I think he loved it, he was very surprised when we gave it to him with cupcakes for his whole class!

No comments:

Post a Comment