Monday, January 31, 2011

"Beary" Happy Birthday Card


This year, I decided that I am going to make all my Birthday cards for family and friends. Dave and I both have large families. What have I gotten myself into :) I have always wanted to create a sweet little face like this, and now I can. Thanks to ScrapBookEden. Step by step directions. It is wonderful.
The bear I created on DS using Plantin Schoolbook, just paper piecing. I chalked the edges. I use real blush for the cheeks. I would love to think people will keep my cards forever. With the exception of my Mom, I know they go in the trash :) The sentiment is done on the computer so I can change the color of the "Beary" to match the rest of the card. The glittery paper and ribbon, I got out of the $1 bin at Target. I really did have a lot of fun creating this little bear.

No comments:

Post a Comment