Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Get Well Card



My nephew, Caleb, had surgery last Friday. He was born with a Cleft lip and Cleft palette. He is 10 years old and I believe this is his 4th surgery. This one was the big one, they take his hip bone and attach to the palette. He is doing great, recovering well. I made this card for him. It is supposed to look like a Band aid. My son, Bradley was playing around with my Big Shot one day and came up with this idea. I thought it was so cute, I kept it in the back of my mind for Caleb.

I cut the Band aid with a paper trimmer and used Swiss Dots. The "Get Well Soon" came from Beyond Birthdays Cricut cartridge. I don't think he has received it in the mail yet. I also sent a video game to help his recovery :) What a bummer summer for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment