Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Pool Door Sign

We have lived in Texas for 3 years now...I can't believe it. Dave and I decided we would not go another summer without a pool. In May our pool was finished...just in time!!!! When we invite friends over, I am constantly looking out the front door, so I thought I would make this sign.
I bought a wood frame from Michaels ($1), I found the pool paper at Hobby Lobby and Modge Podged it to the frame. This was my first attempt with Modge Podge and it stuck to the newspaper...thus...the buttons. I was so bummed, but I love the buttons now! I drilled 2 holes into the frame, attached the ribbon, hang it on the front door when we are outside...and voila...I can enjoy the pool while waiting for friends.


This little boy is a digi stamp from Tiddly Inks. This looks exactly like Wesley...the orange floaties in the pool. In fact all 3 of the boys wore these orange floaties. When I colored him, I used Glossy Accents on the goggles to give them a shiny affect. I then Modge Podged him to the frame. You can't even tell I did the Glossy Accents. The saying I did on the computer...nothing fancy!

No comments:

Post a Comment